Thursday, August 19, 2010

OoT Park in RCT3

Throughout much of the summer, I've been enjoying some RollerCoaster Tycoon 3 goodness. I know that this popular amusement park simulator has been out for years, but I just got around to picking up a copy a few months ago. Despite its limitations, I'm loving it. I hope to pick up the Soaked expansion before too much longer, and I plan on continuing to piss and moan about not even having the option of picking up the Wild expansion since I have a Mac. Damn you, falling out between Chris Sawyer and Atari/Frontier/whoever.

If you have any interest in the game and the kinds of stuff you can create in it, check out the many youtube videos that have been posted. Some are extremely impressive, including LightWarriorK's Ocarina of Time-themed park. What, you didn't think I was gonna limit my unhealthy OoT obsession to that last post, did you?

I've posted links to a couple of LightWarriorK's videos below. If you like 'em, be sure to check out the rest on his youtube channel. I think he has nine altogether for the OoT park.

Kakariko is practically dead-on.
Just pretend that ferris wheel on the hill is actually the windmill.
How do you make the Water Temple less frustrating and more fun?
Put a sweet-ass coaster in the middle of it!

Admittedly, I don't have this dude's skills or resources (as indicated by my lack of RCT expansion sets). But I hope to get around to making some videos of my own work and posting them one of these days. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment