Saturday, August 7, 2010

Dammit

I thought I might actually make some progress on my screenplay today after I rattled off half a page fairly quickly this afternoon. Then I got sidetracked and lost my rhythm. Never got it back. Damn it all to hell.

I had lunch with an old friend yesterday, and we were laughing about how absurdly long it takes me to do just about anything. He recounted the very regular occurrence where I would sit in the high school computer lab, stare at the screen for about three hours, and have two new lines of code to show for it when all was said and done. It seems my work habits haven't changed. At least I'm consistent.

On to happier matters...I finally caught Kick-Ass the other night. It has its fair share of problems--namely, the protagonist is yawn-inducing--but it's absolutely worth it for one reason and one reason alone. Hit Girl. Damn, is that little girl amazing. And, please, don't pretend you're one of those stuffy naysayers crying foul over how bad of an influence the character is on children and how uncomfortable you were watching it. Because, first, the movie's rated R, and any previews should've let you known exactly what to expect--why are you taking your kids to see it? Second, if you can't handle the content yourself, I'm pretty sure Chloe Moretz is more mature than you are. And third, you know you'd be sitting in awestruck delight as Hit Girl infiltrates your fortress, saws through your waves of armed henchmen, and shoots your brains out of your skull while casually calling you a c**t, you sick, masochistic, dirty little ped.

Think I'm inappropriate, mofo?
That's all I got for now. Any thoughts on Kick-Ass?

No comments:

Post a Comment