Monday, September 27, 2010

Another Snag

The roadblocks to sharing my RCT creations never cease. In my previous post about the game, I was excited about finally gaining access to a proper video editor. With that problem finally solved, I was ready to go. So, naturally, now I'm having problems even recording the videos in the first place. Now when I play back a raw video (without any edits), it jumps ahead a second or two in the clip every few seconds. In other words, it skips. The time doesn't skip ahead, just the segments in the ride. Which must mean that those missing spots weren't recorded at all. And that renders my videos useless.

That about sums it up.

I didn't have this problem with my Jack Rabbit video, but I've added some more scenery to the park (mostly trees) since then. The only thing I can figure is I now have too many objects onscreen for my game-inept computer to handle. I was already having problems before with that damn flickering water, but I chalked that up to my video card. Now I just don't know. Even with my two-year-old iMac, I appear to at least double the recommended system specs in every category (and I would hope so, since the game's about six years old). But, apparently, that's still not enough.

Are Macs really THIS bad with games, or is the game still THIS buggy even with all the patches? Hell if I know. Gaming was about the last thing on my mind when I was looking to replace my dead-in-the-water Dell two years ago, but as I said, my hardware does measure up for RCT3 (at least on paper). I saw the other day that Atari is seriously considering making an RCT4 after all these years. I was initially excited at the news, until I realized I would need a computer from five years in the future to play the damn thing properly.

I'm mad as hell, and I'm...gonna continue to take it
till I acquire a computer from 2015.

So not sure what I'm gonna do about this one. I guess I can try deleting a bunch of scenery, but that kinda defeats the purpose of making a good, reasonably authentic-looking video. I'll give it some thought. And while I'm at it, I'll also think about why I didn't give up on this a long time ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment